Bullying Information and Form
The administration, faculty, and staff of Romeo Middle School is dedicated and committed to providing students with a safe, caring, and supportive school environment. Our staff members have proudly developed a school wide system to help address the serious issues related to school bullying. Our newly developed school-wide anonymous reporting system will be another important tool to help stop bullying in our building. This system will allow students, parents, and any community member to anonymously report bullying through an anonymous link on our Middle School website. It will give bystanders (students witnessing bullying but unsure what to do about it) and targets (victims of bullying) the chance to stop bullying without fear of repercussions.
This system was designed in an effort to help bystanders with a safe tool for reporting bullying.
Thank you for helping us provide a comfortable and safe environment for all students.
Characteristics of Bullying
1) The behavior is aggressive or malicious.
2) It is repeated and goes on over time.
3) It occurs in an interpersonal relationship which is characterized by a certain imbalance in strength or power.
Types of Bullying
1) Physical - Hitting, kicking or any othe physical aggression.
2) Verbal - Teasing, name-calling, put-downs, or other behavior that would deliberately hurt others' feelings or make them feel bad.
3) Emotional or Exclusion - Starting rumors, telling others not to be friends with someone, or other actions that would cause someone to be without friends.
4) Cyber-bullying - Using electronic device mediums, such as, but not limited to computers, cell phones, and pagers to bully others through methods such as posting comments, statements, or pictures on blogs or websites, text messaging, instant messaging, and email.